My story...

Friday, May 12, 2006

Good Job John

Yea, so I guess I am gonna do this thing. I've contemplated starting a blog for a while but I just never actually went through with it. Reasons being that: a) I didn't want to look like I am some guy trying to prove his internet trendiness and b) I didn't want to look like I am doing this just so everybody will think I am cool. I just feel that God blessed me with an outlook and perspective on life in which common situations rapidly become horrid displays of embarrasment or humiliation. This perspective, while comical at times, also has its shining moments of depth. Basically, what I hope to accomplish on this blog is a view of the world through my eyes. So, first things first. If at any point or time a word or phrase is italicized, then I am stating that sentence in my "voice". For those of you who know me, which will probably be the only people that read this, I often use this voice to mask sarcastic comments but don't provide emphasis. For example, in normal english one would say ,"That isn't cool man" but in my "voice" I would simply state, "Baft dude". Another example would be if somebody did something annoying to you. The common response would vary between something like "that's gay" or "you suck", but in the "voice" it would come out as "Your coolf" or a more direct "People like you". The next thing you need to know is what a word in bold means. If a word is in bold then I am saying that word sarcastically with emphasis. This is fairly common so be on the lookout for the bold. Nine out of ten times, though, you will see these two forms used in conjuction with each other. Here are some examples, see if you can follow: "You DON'T love her", "That's NOT homosexual" (just for reference, I have nothing against homosexuals, I hate the sin not the sinner), and a shout out to Kyle "blue-collar" Barfield, "FOOMP Your NOT dead". Well, now that the ground rules are laid out for the blog I think I'm NOT going to NOT bed because I'm NOT freaking tired. I gotta roll out to Birmingham in the morning with my family. I picked up my grandpa tonight from the airport so keep your eyes open for my blog on how incredibly awesome that experience was. Much Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Geoff Pound said…

    Good to stumble over your site.

    congratulations on making a new literary start.

    Geoff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home